American University of Nigeria is recruiting in Nigeria to fill the position of;Sous Chef. Interested and qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was founded in 2003 to fill in this educational gap. Opening its doors to its first class in the fall of 2005, AUN was created to be a Development University.
The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
Part of the American University of Nigeria’s recipe for success is the integration of technology across the University and the curriculum. AUN’s campus has the only University-wide wireless facility in Nigeria.
Job Title: Sous Chef
- AUN Hotel is seeking for a permanent Sous Chef.
- This position is a local one and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria
- The Souse Chef shall employ his culinary and managerial skills in order to play a critical role in maintaining and enhancing customers’ satisfaction at the AUN Hotel and Club in line with established standards and procedures.
- To delegates job responsibilities in the kitchen.
- To support Executive Chef in kitchen administration and operation.
- Ability to instruct cooks and teach on culinary arts.
- Design task schedules for kitchen staff and ensure safety.
- Ensure food are prepared in safe, hygienic and healthy environment.
- Help in the preparation and design of all food and drinks menus
- Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise
- Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards
- Fill in for the Executive Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary
- Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation
- Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff’s performance
- Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
- Comply with and enforce sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Any other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the Position
- National Diploma from a reputable institution.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in 3 to 4 star hotel as a head cook or sous chef.
- Good command of English language.
- Age 30 to 45 years old
- Smart and energetic personality
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Creativity and knowledge of ingredients in the kitchen for 4 star hotel.
- Leadership skills. To be in charge as a support for Executive Chef.
- Hand -Eye Coordination.
- Sense of Taste.
- Time Management.
Description of Benefits
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the Hotel.
Application Closing Date
9th June 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to: email@example.com before the closing date of this publication.
- The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.