American University of Nigeria is recruiting in Nigeria to fill the position of;Instructor and Assistant Professor. Interested and qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) was founded in 2003 to fill in this educational gap. Opening its doors to its first class in the fall of 2005, AUN was created to be a Development University.
The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
Part of the American University of Nigeria’s recipe for success is the integration of technology across the University and the curriculum. AUN’s campus has the only University-wide wireless facility in Nigeria.
Job Title: Instructor and Assistant Professor
Location: Yola, Adamawa
Department: School of Law
Job Type: Full-time contract-based
Summary of Position
- In addition to teaching responsibilities, these positions will also require the publication of high-quality legal scholarship and effective participation in law faculty committees, the AUN law clinic, the AUN Moot Court and the AUN Access to Justice Programs.
- Candidates with strong professional connections to the Nigerian Bar and legal community who can mentor students and promote externship and career opportunities for them will be viewed favorably.
Requirements for the Position
- Candidates must hold at least the LL.M degree from an accredited University and Bar membership in Nigeria, and a terminal doctoral degree in law for higher ranks.
- The ideal candidates will have some experience in legal practice, excellent written and oral communications skills, proficiency in ICT, a strong commitment to legal scholarship, and a high degree of professionalism in all aspects of lawyering.
- Some exposure to the US or comparable legal system or law school system will be added advantage.
- The AUN School of Law is a private, not-for-profit institution, with a strong commitment to public interest, practical and clinical education, and advancing social justice through the law.
Description of Benefits
Salary is commensurate with applicant’s qualifications and experience and conform to the existing conditions of employment at AUN.
Application Closing Date
17th June 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their cover letters highlighting their qualifications and teaching interests, resume, a writing sample (preferably a peer-reviewed publication), and a list of references to: email@example.com
Note: Questions about this position may be directed to Professor Oladejo Olowu, Dean, AUN School of Law at firstname.lastname@example.org The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.