Excellent Minds Initiative is a charitable organisation dedicated to the youth and the vulnerable. Excellent Minds Initiative is a non-profit, non-governmental and a non-partisan organisation committed to instilling and growing excellence in young minds through relevant contributions to educational development agenda with a view to raising credible future leaders with the urgency of purpose and integrity.
They are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: EMI Campus Ambassador
- Are you an exceptional young person who is passionate about being involved in programmes that build capacities of young people around education, community development and leadership?
- Do you dream of a world in which all people are able to realise their dreams? Do you want to live a life that can be emulated as an ideal Nigerian youth?
- Do you want to lead a transformational change in your university and community? If yes, the EMI Campus Ambassador Programme may be perfect for you.
How Does it Work
- As a potential ambassador, you will be expected to fill some relevant personal information and answer some questions.
- The EMI Campus Ambassador Programme will provide an exciting opportunity for Nigerian university students to be part of a dynamic youth-led social change organisation.
- Our Campus Ambassadors (CA’s) are passionate about the EMI vision and values; and constantly seek to identify innovative ways to build a more inclusive, empathetic and fair society through sustainable and action-oriented youth led projects.
- Learn about the innovative programs of EMI and grow the EMI community
- Plan and host fun and inspiring events on your campus in line with the EMI objectives
- Create innovative ways to establish and manage the EMI volunteering scheme on your campus
- Acts as a campus contact for EMI team
- Build a connected, fun and engaged social innovation community on your campus
- Build relationships on campus with faculty and students group
- Spread Information about EMI Competitions, scholarships, conferences and other events
- Complete communication and report tasks associated with the Campus Ambassador role
- You must be passionate about leading transformational change and people development.
- Enrolled in a full time undergraduate (200 level and above) programme.
- Willing to dedicate 2-3 hours every week.
- Willing to learn about EMI programs.
- Involved with student organisations and programmes.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Able to plan events and manage a budget.
- Leadership and organisational skills.
- Problem Solving.
As an EMI Campus Ambassador, you will:
- Receive a bunch of cool rewards and recognition opportunities
- Receive an all expenses paid trip to a two-day training exercise to further understand your roles, responsibilities and the expectation of the organisation in implementing our programme initiatives on your campus
- Get your own EMI SWAG
- Enhance your professional development, leadership and communication skills
- Access to a unique network of EMI Ambassadors across Nigerian universities
- Add the EMI Campus Ambassador Programme experience to your resume
- Meet with inspiring people whilst also receiving a special package of training, mentoring and professional networking
- Attend EMI special events as an EMI Campus Ambassador.
- One academic year (September-May)
- Two to three events per year.
Application Closing Date
12th July, 2017.
From May 31st to July 12 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click the link shown below and follow the instructions on how to apply:
Click here to apply online
For More Information
Phone: 0703 649 8882, 0808 923 0565.
Note: Shortlisted students will be invited for a phone or skype interview by mid August, 2017 and accepted students will be informed 2 weeks after the interview.