Cummins Inc. Recruitment,Cummins Inc. is recruiting to fill the position of;North West Africa Facilities Manager. Interested and qualified persons are encouraged to apply.
Cummins Inc. a global power leader, is a fortune 500 corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems.
Job Title: North West Africa Facilities Manager
Req ID: 170002G4
Location: Lagos-Island, Lagos
Job Type: Experienced – Professional / Office
Recruitment Job Type: Professional – Experienced
- Manages, develops, and implements project(s) of varying complexity and size in assigned functional area. Partners with business stakeholders to ensure a successful project completion.
- Leads multiple projects from inception to completion; facilitates project planning sessions with internal stakeholders to determine the scope and objectives of each project; works with business stakeholders to establish project performance goals; designs project plan, develops timeline, identifies project milestones, and tracks performance against performance goals and timeline.
- Identifies, tracks, and works with others to resolve project issues.
- Monitors and communicates project status to project team.
- Plans and monitors project budget, conducts research and analysis; provides input into the design and development of project plans and timelines.
- Manages project risk; uses quality tools to identify areas of risk; works with others on the team and outside the team to identify alternatives or solutions.
- Documents and shares team learning’s with other teams; draws on other project team experiences to enhance the success of the project.
- Maintains project notes, databases, and other records; monitors measures and communicates with Project Sponsor and other stakeholders on status of specific projects and assignments.
- Identifies and assigns appropriate resources to accomplish various project tasks; guides and coaches team members through various stages of the project; provides developmental feedback to team members.
Qualifications & Skills
- Maintains a cross-functional project issues list, with appropriate prioritization based on the issue’s level of importance.
- Drives appropriate and timely resolution and approval of changes to the project plan.
- Solicits and organizes customer requirements (Voice of the Customer), and tracks the status of project deliverables.
- Uses a Value Package Profile (VPP) or other appropriate scope-defining document, and manages change.
- Manages the connections between multiple levels of scope detail in related additional documents (e.g. Tech Profiles or equivalent documents).
- Develops and maintains a cross-functional schedule.
- Proficient at one or more schedule management tools.
- Knows the right level of detail needed to use the tool effectively.
Resource Plan Management:
- Develops and manages a cross-functional resource plan for a project.
- Knows the right level of detail needed to complete the processes and use the tools effectively.
Stakeholder Management And Communication:
- Identifies, engages and manages stakeholders on a project or groups of projects.
- Overcomes obstacles and resistance among stakeholders.
- Effectively stratifies stakeholder needs and creates and executes communications plans to fit the unique needs of each type of stakeholder.
- Familiar with tools for financial analysis and its relevance.
- Knows when, where, and how to get assistance.
- Understands the more detailed hand-offs between functional areas on a project, and knows the detailed work of at least one functional area.
Project Risk Management:
- Leads teams in the development of a project FMEA and/or 9-box project risk summary, and identifies and manages the actions to mitigate the risk.
Education, Licenses, Certifications:
- College, University, or equivalent Degree required.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience, including team leadership experience, required.
- Qualification in construction management / architecture / quantity surveying would be beneficial.
- Some background on lease administration would be beneficial.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click the link shown below and follow the instructions on how to apply:
Click here to apply online